Nowadays, people use the internet to regulate a variety of activities, from getting an internet connection to the computer system to smart TV to smartphones, tablets, game consoles, and more. In short, the internet has become the need of the hour. If you are dealing with improper internet access at your home or workplace, then you need to invest in a new router or extender, or repeater to meet the internet needs of your home. If you are thinking about extenders, then the wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 setup wizard will help you with the setup process without facing many complications. With the right guidelines and approach, you can proceed to install the device at your home and workplace. This will target your internet connectivity issues and provide you better coverage at all corners of your place. From the width of your home to the number of walls to long corridors, there are a number of factors that will affect the performance of your extenders.
WHAT ARE WI-FI EXTENDERS AND HOW THEY WORK?
Wifi Repeater 192.168.188.1 Setup Wizard
Wifi extenders are the devices that are meant to enhance the coverage of your wifi signals so that you can get reliable internet access in every room of your home. These devices are the upgraded version of the modem and router. All you need is to install these up and connect with the routers wirelessly or using a reliable Ethernet cable.
Talking about the working of the wifi range extenders, these devices grab the existing signal and then re-broadcasts it on a different channel.
- All you need is to establish a connection between your internet-connected device and router.
- It won’t be wrong to say that the extender act as a middle-man between the router and the computer system.
- As a result of this network, you will enjoy a wider range of wireless signals throughout your entire household.
- Selection of the right location is the most crucial challenge that a user can face. Make sure you place the extender close to the router so that it can grab the signal properly.
HOW TO SET UP WIFI RANGE EXTENDER?
Setting up the wifi extender is another task that most of the new users find difficult to regulate. To make sure that there are minimum errors taking place in the setup process, you need to follow the right steps in an organized manner.
- Unbox the repeater or extender and plug it into a powerful power outlet.
- Once you switch on the power button, check out the blinking of solid green light on the extender.
- Then you need to wait for a few moments while pressing the WPS button on your wifi range extender device. Simultaneously, press the WPS button of your modem router as this will reboot the whole device. After a while, the WLAN light of your device will get on and fixed.
- Placement of the extender is something that you need to keep special attention to. Make sure you put it in between the router and the location where the wifi signal is very weak. This will result in the most optimum solutions.
- Once you succeeded in establishing the connections well, you can proceed to open your favorite browser.
- In the search panel of your browser, fill in your required 192.168.188.1 admin setup details. This will directly link you to the login admin of your extender.
- After reaching the login admin, you will have to fill in the default username and password. If you are not aware of the details, you can use the user manual that comes along with the extender. There might be a sticker attached to the extender where you will find all the details. For instance, you can use ADMIN as the username and PASSWORD as the required password.
- You can press ENTER after filling in the right details.
- You will get to the settings page of the extender where you will get a number of options. Hereby you can easily make changes in the SSID, password, security levels, WLAN, LAN, WAN, etc.
Congratulations, you have all the controls of your extender and its settings. You can now easily set the whole device accordingly.
RESETTING THE WIRELESS EXTENDER:
You can opt for two methods to reset the settings of your wireless extender. Here we are discussing that in detail.
You have to use a paperclip or a thick object to press and hold the reset button present on your device. Hold the button for a few seconds and then release it. If LED turns out in red color, it indicates the unit is rebooting. After waiting for a few seconds, you can start by using the right wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 setup wizard details.
Once you reach the main page of the configuration interface, move the cursor to Management at the top right-hand corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, click System and the Restore Factory Defaults button. You will witness that a warning notification will appear in front of you. Click OK and continue.
MAKING CHANGES IN THE PASSWORD!
- Open the web browser of your choice and type in 192.168.188.1 admin setup details.
- In the field provided, enter the Admin Password. Click Log In.
- Note: The password field is to be left blank in case you have not changed the password from the default setting.
- Now you need to move the cursor to Settings in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, click Extended Wi-Fi network.
- This is the time when you can specify a new password in the password field. To save the current configuration, click on Save.
MOST COMMON ERRORS:
Here we are discussing the most common errors that you might face while setting up your extender. The below-written points will give you a basic idea of the whole concept.
- The very first mistake that most of the new users do is to place the extender far away from the router or to find an inappropriate location to place your extender.
- Not using the upgraded version of the firmware or the browser is another common issue.
- Many times, the internet connection you are using is not good or your internet is slow. In this way, you will be unable to set up the extender well.
- Another reason is when you enter the spellings of the IP Address wrong or you are using the wrong 192.168.188.1 wireless extender setup details. This also leads to errors only.
- Other than these, there are a number of other reasons. The wire or the Ethernet cable you are using is not right. It is damaged at places or is unable to fit in properly.
- If the LED light of the extender blinks on in red color, then it means there is some connectivity error. You need to find out the reason behind that light blinking and find out the solutions accordingly.
- In case the extender you are using is not ready and has been reset partially and not in a complete manner.
- Forgetting the username or password or both is another reason that can lead to errors.
- The very first thing that you can do is moving the access point to the middle of the room. This lets your extender face a limited number of walls, doors, décor furniture, and other obstacles. It is a fact that the fewer the obstacles are, the better the signal quality will be there.
- If your device comes with multiple antennas, then using the right angle is essential to get better signal quality.
- Always connect to an access point with good signal strength. Yes, you read it right.
- Check your router’s webpage to see if the connection is working or not. This tip is perfect if you are not sure about the signals.
- Using one of the internet speed testing tools, check your Wi-Fi speeds. Make sure your ISP speeds are what you’d expect. There is also the availability of the Network Speed Test app to users using Microsoft Store.
- Placing your device is another major deciding factor. It can impact the quality of your Wi-Fi connection. To avoid barriers and other errors, try to place your wireless device in a central location.
- To get better signal quality, make sure you don’t place the device in a corner or under a desk as this will surely reduce your Wi-Fi signal strength.
- Another aspect that you can check out is to find out the things that cause interference to the signals. This can include things like metal cabinets, décor furniture, and more. Make sure that you put the electrical appliances away from the extender as there are high chances that the signals of both the devices get merge together.
All in all, there is nothing more frustrating than a dropped Wi-Fi connection. The condition gets worse when you are in the mid of a critical situation like sending emails or engaging in a professional online meeting. Relying on devices like an extender for better signal quality is something that you need. Other than that, you can use the wifi repeater 192.168.188.1 setup wizard, to set up the device without hassle.